4th axis Calculators
- Degrees per minutes:
- The number of degrees the tool tip will traverse along an arc relative to the center of rotation during a 1 minute time interval.
- IPM: (Feed inch per minute)
- The distance in inches traveled during a one minute time interval.
- Position on radius:
- The distance that the tool tip is from the center of rotation.
- 4th Axis: (Usually the A axis)
- A work holding device that add a rotary movement along one of the 3 main axes; X, Y, or Z.
- The position of tool tip on radius calculator is basically a play on math. I am not sure if there is a practical use for it but I just thought I’d put it in there. - Martin
Last Updated: 29 August 2011